Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Storm Signal

  Well, I did it.  I finished my son, Ryan's quilt after 15 plus years.  Or rather it is in the rotation to be quilted.  My quilts are always quilted in the store.  There are 4 of us that do all the quilting on store's long arm quilting machines.  The turn-around time is quick so I will be binding it shortly.
  Today's block is--Storm Signal.  Think of this block as four sections.  Sew the triangles to the square first to make a larger triangle.  Then sew the larger triangle to the dark fabric triangle.  Hope this helps.
Storm Signal


Cutting
  Light fabric
    one  3 1/4" sq.  cut diagonally twice
    three  1 7/8" sq.  cut only one diagonally once for the center 

  Medium fabric
    one  3 1/4" sq.  cut diagonally twice
    three 1 7/8" sq.  cut only one diagonally once for the center

  Dark fabric
    two  3 7/8" sq.  cut diagonally once for the outer corners

Keep quilting,
  Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment