Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Marlboro Man

  The other day I hear someone call their husband the Marlboro Man.  A few thoughts came to mind-- how sweet, I knew one of the real Marlboro Men, and even though my husband was a bareback rider and bull rider in his younger day, I never thought of him as the Marlboro man.  Some thought he looked like Sonny Bono but I was not a Cher, more of a Twiggy. (Not any more.)
  Anyway, my mind wondered to quilting. The thought of short and fat or tall and skinny.  
  This is the block that came to mind.  The idea is to make a scrappy quilt using the two different rectangles.  First, decide what size of block you would like to make.  Make one rectangle twice the size of the other.  For example, 12 1/2" sq. would use a 8 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangle and a 4 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangle.  Sew the rectangles, then layout the quilt however you would like it.  There is not a wrong way.
 
              So gather up those scraps and quilt.  
                                             Happy Quilting
                                                                             Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment