Wednesday, November 2, 2016

November has Begun

I am a fan of the Farmer's Almanac.  They are so smart and insightful.


Usually.

This year, they said that winter would start early, be colder, but end early.
I got ready.

I put away my summer clothes and hung up my winter ones.  I had the dog groomed in October so she would be nice and wooly (and warm) by December.  I found our winter hats, gloves and scarves and made them accessible to the kids.


Then I waited.  

I waited for the cold, cloudy days and the small hard snowflakes that would attack our cheeks in the turbulent South Dakota wind.  I waited with furrowed brow and a cranky attitude.
And this is what happened:



The leaves started turning.  The temperature dropped a few degrees.  The sun set earlier.  And my eyebrows became unfurrowed.  At least temporarily.  It was, after all, only October.

A few days ago, the US National Weather Service forecasted November to be above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation.  So now I feel really, really, over prepared.  And a little silly.

Regardless of the weather, November is a time to be thankful.  And a time to think of our loved ones and what they mean to us.  And darn it, what are we going to get them for Christmas?!  We have tried to help you out be discounting our Thanksgiving and Christmas fabrics 30%.  You can look here to see if anything catches your eye.  So much to choose from!  And if you need any patterns, don't forget to check out our Free Pattern page.


In other news, Chris and Terry just got back from the Quilt Market in Houston yesterday.  It is an amazing 3 day trade show dedicated to the sewing and soft craft industry.  They have come back with some exciting ideas and new fabrics ordered.  I can't wait to show them to you when we get them in.

In the meantime, don't forget to check our YouTube channel for our free tutorials.  These tutorials can really help you visualize how your finished project could look.  If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see, just let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment