Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Country Music

  Yes, I like country music.  Just watched the CMA awards, in which I enjoyed all the performers.  I do enjoy all types of music but country is my favorite.  I like the old twangy sound of the old singers that I listen to with my dad.  The country singers of the 60's and 70's that my mom like and everything since then.  Maybe my enjoyment is related to the memories with my parents, a little two stepping or foxtrot with my mother in the kitchen to Eddie Arnold or Charlie Pride.  My parents were avid square dancers, sometime I got to tag along.
  This block is in their honor--Square Dance.  Make the sides using the same method as making flying geese.  You will have extra fabric on the sides of the geese.  After the geese are made, check to make sure they measure 4 1/2" to match the center square.  Trim a little if necessary.
Square Dance


Cutting
  Light fabric
    four  1 1/2" sq.

  Medium fabric
    four  1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rect.
    one 4 1/2" sq.

  Dark Fabric
    eight  1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rect.     

  I hope that you take time to dance even if it is by yourself while doing the dishes.
 Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment