Thursday, November 16, 2017

One More

  I can't believe that November is half over.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming fast.  My Grandmother always told me that as you get older, the years seem to go faster so enjoy every moment.  I feel that she may be right.  
  Buckwheat is the next block.  To sew this one, I did the four-patch in the center first.  Then, cut the large squares twice to make the HST.  Lastly, matching the triangle in the corners.  I sewed this block in 3 sections at an angle.  Normally, we sew in horizontal rows.
Buckwheat
  

Cutting
  Light fabric
    two  3 1/4" sq. cut diagonally twice for HST
    two  1 7/8" sq. for center 4-patch

  Medium fabric
    three  3 1/4" sq. cut diagonally twice for HST

  Dark fabric
    two  3 1/4" sq.  cut diagonally twice for HST
    two  1 7/8" sq. for center 4-patch

Terry       

No comments:

Post a Comment