Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Braced Star

  The goal when I started blogging was to post sixty 6 1/2" blocks.  We are slowly approaching that goal.  This does not mean that I will stop.  It does mean that it is time for new ideas.  I have a few in mind so we will see what will happen.  
  As for the 6 1/2" blocks, I have been piecing them but I have just over half of them made.  I hope to have it finished this year, not in 20 years.  haha  We will continue to tape the blocks for youtube.  That helps me in getting the blocks sewn.  Thank goodness.
  Today's block is Braced Star.  Sew the center first, then the star points.  Sew the block together at an angle.
Braced Star


Cutting
  Light fabric
    one  3 1/4" sq.  cut diagonally twice
    two  2 1/2" sq.  cut diagonally once
    one  1 7/8" sq.  for center

  Medium fabric
    two  3 1/4" sq.  cut diagonally twice  star points

  Four Medium to Dark fabrics
    cut one  1 1/4" x 2 5/8" rectangle from each of the four fabrics

Keep quilting,
  Terry  

1 comment:

  1. Hey great work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete