Wednesday, February 7, 2018

9-Patch Frame

  My granddaughters were here today.  They like looking at my fabrics and figure out what I should make with it.  They draw some interesting clothes for themselves and their pets.  Little do they understand what it takes to make their ideas.  Sometimes, they think that I can have it all done before they go home. We discuss the fact that they need to work with me one at a time.  Then we play cards.
  Today's block is 9-Patch Frame.  It is squares and sections that look like flying geese.
9-Patch Frame


Cutting
  Light fabric
    four  1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles  for flying geese
    eight  1 1/2" sq.  for flying geese

  Medium fabric
    four  1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles for flying geese
    twelve  1 1/2" sq.  use 8 for the flying geese & the other 4 for the corners of the 2 1/2" sq.

  Dark fabric
    five  2 1/2" sq.

  Keep quilting,
    Terry  

No comments:

Post a Comment