Thursday, February 22, 2018

Ranger's Pride

  Well, I did it.  I feel very good for having pieced one of my mother's quilts.  It still needs quilting and bound but the piecing is done.  She had sewn 6 of the 40 blocks and had all the parts cut.  I added 2 more blocks and did a layout of 6 blocks by 7 rows.  The quilt is very large.  I will show it off once it is quilted.
  Today's block is Ranger's Pride.  Imagine the block separated diagonally twice.  Sew the sections as triangle.  The base of the triangle will be longer than needed and trimmed after the top triangle has been sewn to it.
Ranger's Pride


Cuting
  Medium fabric
    four  1 1/2" x 6 1/2" rect. for base of triangle
    two  2 7/8" sq.  cut diagonally once for center triangles

  Dark fabric
    four  1 1/2" x 3" rect. for base triangle
    two  2 7/8" sq. cut diagonally once for center triangles

  We will be taping this block tomorrow.  Maybe, that will help explain the block better.  I will have Christopher post it quickly.  
  Keep quilting,
    Terry   

No comments:

Post a Comment