Friday, December 15, 2017

Album

  The good thing is I work from home but the bad thing is I work from home.  Most of my married life, I have been very fortunate to be a stay at home mom.  I started doing craft shows and clothing alterations when my children were very young.  This became my work but it gave me the freedom to be at home with my children.  Eventually, I open the shop which Christopher has taken over.  I quilt and design in my sewing area at home for the shop.  The point is that I don't get out much so sometimes it feels like nothing ever happens.  My days are full with sewing which I really enjoy.  Again, today I spend my time designing a couple of quilts that I will be making after the holidays.  I wished that I could write the patterns as quickly as I can design them.
  Today's block is called--Album.  There is one odd piece in the corner section.  I used 2 triangles of equal size.  I sewed one triangle to the small block. The triangle was bigger then needed but after I sewed the second triangle to the other side, I could trim off the extra.  Hope this helps you.
Album


Cutting
  Light fabric
    one  2 1/2" sq.
    four  2 1/8" sq.  cut diagonally once

  Medium fabric
    four  2 1/2" sq.

  Dark fabric
    two  2 7/8" sq. cut diagonally once
    four  1 1/4" sq.

Enjoy,
  Terry    

No comments:

Post a Comment